Going back to a question on my Facebook page that says, how can I start to be one of those content writers?
It is a broad question. “You can always start searching online. There is a lot of training on the internet,” goes my answer. She answered again asking how.
I gave her a link to a MOOC list. I was guessing that she needs to know what content writing is. This also gave me an idea – What about creating a list of free online courses for content writing?
For now, I will give this list of free online courses that will be updated from time to time. Some of the courses include content writing in their syllabus because it goes hand-in-hand with content marketing, SEO, advertising, social media, etc.
Feel free to visit the links below to learn!
- Learn About Content Writing by Tushar Mangl. This is a Udemy free course. A student needs to have basic knowledge of Microsoft Office. The course has 40 minutes on-demand video, provides full lifetime access, access on mobile and TV. The student receives a Certificate of Completion.
- Content Writing Training. This is a Leads Academy free course. It is a Professional Certification in Content Writing (PCCW) course and the student needs to sign up to be enrolled. The course has 6 modules.
- Content, Advertising and Social IMC by Randy Hlavac. This is a Coursera course which is offered with a fee but you can apply for financial aid if you cannot afford the fee. Instructions are available on how you can avail of a free course. The course requires 4 weeks and it is required to pass all graded assignments to complete the course.
- Free Content Marketing Certification Course. This is from Hubspot Academy. It is specifically about content marketing but effective writing is included in the syllabus. There are 11 lessons and an exam.
- The Strategy of Content Writing. A free course from Coursera from the University of California, Davis. You can get a certificate for a fee. There are materials, quizzes, and forums. It is an interesting course by Sonia Simone and Brian Clark from Copyblogger.
- Writing for Social Media. A free course from EdX by the University of California, Berkeley. It is a course about effective and engaging content for social media.
- Content Marketing for B2B Enterprises. It is more about end-to-end content marketing for B2B businesses but it includes a lesson on creating interesting, relevant content. It is a course by businessman William Flanagan.
- Become a Better Blogger. A course by Andrea Goulet Ford about creating quality content for blogs that you can utilize for your business.
- SEO Training. A free training course by Udemy about Search Engine Optimization that can help you in creating effective online content and managing your social media activities.
- Get Your MBA in Digital Marketing for Free. A one-stop-shop for all the information you need about digital marketing. The page is like a syllabus on how to become a world-class digital marketer. As you scroll down, you’ll find what you need to create and market content. Thanks to Quicksprout by Neil Patel!
This is an updated version of an old post. You may call it a rehash. The objective is to always share knowledge and learning so get on and start now!