Have you ever imagined that your writing schedule will be so full that you realized you need a time management tool?
Then you dilly-dally amid everything. You need to break those bad habits.
This time I will share my bad habits for you to reflect on yours and eventually do something about them. Here are my observations about my time management:
- I sometimes fail to be on top of everything when I am up against the wall.
- I tend to get busy with being busy and not being productive.
- I lack concentration. I have too many things in my mind.
- I fail at saying ‘no’ most of the time.
- I delay taking care of the little things.
Have you ever evaluated your time management? What do you plan to do with these concerns? How do you address them?
If you have the same list of observations about time management, it is time to address them:
- When it seems that you are up against the wall, strive to stay on top by checking all of the things that overwhelm you. You have to be in charge. Take time to stop and take a deep breath. Assess the situation and act on it immediately.
- Focus on one thing at a time. You cannot finish anything by trying to do everything simultaneously. You have to concentrate on doing one thing after another.
- If you tend to say ‘yes’ all the time, then you are doomed. Even superheroes have limitations. You need to prioritize those that need immediate attention.
- Assign a day for each of the little things that you need to do. Do not let them pile up and become a bigger problem.
The list above is not a new thing. It’s probably a tiresome list for you. But sometimes, you and I need a refresher to assess situations and get on with the tasks ahead.
Trello: A Time Management Tool You Can Try
Trello is a task and project management tool. It’s also a time management tool where you can set time schedules and deadlines. The neat management tool uses cards to put in the details, and you can copy and move them to another card. You can also watch the details if that is what you only need to do.
I have To Do, Doing, and Done cards for my current tasks. You can add more if you like, which depends on the things you need to do. If you have a team, you can add cards assigned to each team member with various tasks.
You place all these projects or activities on separate boards. You can share your board with another member, let’s say a team member in your project. Both of you can see the listed activities and schedules.
There are other cool things you can do with Trello. I have enjoyed the experience because the time management tool was helpful. If you are interested, it’s a free tool. All the free things are good.